Claire Clarke MCSP (Hons)
Highly Specialist Neurological PhysiotherapistAccess Claire's CV
Claire is a highly specialist physiotherapist with a passion for working in neurology. She has over 11 years’ experience working with adults who have complex neurological problems from the early stages in their rehabilitation to helping them manage their conditions long-term. She is experienced in working across in-patient, out-patient and community settings treating a variety of neurological conditions including, stroke, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, Motor neurone disease, Parkinson’s and other rarer neurological conditions. Claire works in both the NHS and private sector, always ensuring she is up to date with the latest evidence based therapeutic techniques. She prides herself in offering a patient-centred, individually tailored treatment approach setting realistic goals to help patients achieve their desired outcome.
Key skills and areas of expertise
- Adults with complex neurological conditions
- Complex postural and seating management
- Complex spasticity management
- Skilled in neurological gait re-education
- Specialist in upper limb rehabilitation
- Trained and experienced in the Bobath Concept and Movement Sciences Approach.
- Trained Saeboflex practitioner and up to date in latest developments
- Skilled in the use of electrical muscle stimulation for the upper limb and lower limb
- Highly experienced in the use of casting and thermoplastic splinting
- Delivering external and internal training and courses
- Managing, appraising, supervising and teaching others